very emergent problem - it could not show the elevation spatial

Hi, I got a very emergent problem in WAsP Engineering 2.0 below:
My OS is Windows 7 x64.
When I opened a map file, it could not show the elevation spatial view.
And I pressed the detail button, it showed the message below...What is the problem? What should I try it? Help me, please........

Could not perform the default operation on the selected object because ...
the 'Open the 'Elevation' grid in a new spatial view' operation could not be performed because ...
could not explore (or perform one of) the operations available for a selected thing because ...
could not explore or perform the operations available for a data selection because ...
failed to refresh the spatial view display because ...
failed to draw the selected grid onto the window because ...
failed to draw the grid data colours to a bitmap because ...
the system reported that:
'Overflow.'
Hello,

I think we need to see the elevation map which is not being displayed. Can you right-click on the "Elevation grid" in the project heirarchy view and select 'Export the grid map to file'.

Does it save OK? If so, then please email it to me at duncan.heathfield@wasptechnical.dk. If not,then just email me the whole project.
Hi, I had solved the problem, but I am not very sure about this. Is that the vector map file must be ascii format? And sometimes I opened the bigger map file(about 7mb), I have to select the button: Use new gridding method...or I will run out of the program!!!
I want ask for why these happened? THX...
WEng is working with terrain data in grid format and therefore needs to convert the WAsP contour map to grid format before calculate anything. We have two alternative methods for this and they can both fail. This is the most common user problem with WEng.

There can be several possible reasons: First, you have to use ASCII format. There could also be a small map inconsistency, which did not disturb your WAsP project, but makes one or both WEng map conversions routines crash. I must also admit that sometimes we see problems even with seemingly perfect maps. Best advice is first to check with the WAsP Map Editor, maybe try the alternative WEng Map conversion routine, and if you still have problems, then mail the map to wengsupport@risoe.dk plus a screen dump showing the grid coordinate and resolution settings just before the crash.