Opening workspace from external hard drive

Ecoingenieros

I am using the Hard drive from my old PC (which is now dead) and I get the following error when trying to open from it a workspace from file:

"Could not open a workspace from file because ...
the scripting wrapper object could not open an existing workspace from file because ...
could not open a WAsP hierarchy file because ...
could not retrieve the project inventory from the archive because ...
the system reported that:
'Local exception: Failed to recover a workspace inventory file from the archive. (Unzip 517).'"

Wasp program is installed in the new PC. I am just trying to access Wasp files from the old hard drive.

It seems that Wasp can not find the correct path of the files in the old hard drive.

I have tried to find *.wwh files in the old hard drive, but I can't find them. Should I look after some *.zip file ?

I have worked a lot in this particular project and I would really like to recover the project hierarchy elements.
Any help is welcomed.

Many thanks!
The *.wwh file is really a *.zip file and the most important file inside this is called 'inventory.xml'. This XML file contains the project structure and the exception report is telling us that WAsP has trouble extracting this. You could try to rename a copy of you *.wwh file to *.zip file and check whether it is corrupted. You might even be able to repair the ZIP file if it only has a minor problem and then rename it to a WWH file.

Good luck,
Morten
Hello,

The Error you see is something to do with 'Insert Disk Abort", which seems to indicate there is some problem with accessing the old hard drive.

I suggest that you search for *.wwh files on the old drive, and copy them onto the new machine and try to open them from there.

If you have a *.wwh file which you can't open, you can send it to us at wasptechnical, in case we can do anything, but I don't expect much.

If you can't see any *.wwh files on your old hard drive, then they are either lost or corrupted somehow.

Duncan.