OWC Wizard (2009-04-16)

Old Forum Archivist

Good morning,

I have a couple of questions i'd like to ask. To beguin with i don't know if there's a limit on the number of data/files that the OWC Wizard can handle. I'm trying to analyse up to 17 years of wind raw data, and i positively know the wizard it's not reading all data.

Besides, i have one year of readings wich has a maximun speed of 45,7 m/s,(287º) the next higher speed it's 31,4 m/s(83º).Once i pass this file through the OWC Wizard, the report shows 2 readings at 46 m/s (290º), and six readings at 32m/s (80º).

Finally i'm aplying the delta-RIX method, i would like some bibliography about it, but i haven't found it, maybe you know about some.

Thanks so much for your time.

Diego

--------

Hello.

It's going to be hard for us to investigate this without the data.

In fact the OWC Wizard is a rather limited utility program and has been replaced by the WAsP Climate Analyst, which is more powerful. It's not a perfect program by any means, but it should be much more straightforward to manage 17 data files than with the OWC Wizard. Could you try using that instead?

If you still have problems, email us at waspsupport@risoe.dk and we'll look at it in more detail.

--------

Literature about the delta-RIX method is listed on http://www.wasp.dk/Support/Literature.html.

--------