Second screen

Good morning, 

I usually work with a second screen and use WAsP or WAsP satellite programs indistinctavely between the two. I´ve come to realise that the programs aren´t aware that I do so (I hope that makes sense). So when I move to work with a single screen, the programs that were open in the second screen are still there, even if the second screen doesn´t exist. It would be great if the program would automatically jump to the primary screen when the second one is unplugged.

Thank you for your attention!

Hello,

Sometimes, people have trouble with this, and find that their WAsP windows which were on the second monitory are stranded in a now unavailable display space. It can be very confusing. I thought that we made some updates several years ago to fix this problem, but it's possible that these fixes are no longer working. In any case I must recommend that you make sure you are using the latest WAsP software.

If you get stuck with a non-visible window, there is a trick to bring the window back. Select WAsP to be the active windows using the taskbar, or ALT-TAB. Then you can press ALT-SPACE. This brings up the window menu, and it's always visible on screen, even if the actual window is not. From here you can choose "Move". Then you can use the up/down/left/right keys to move the window around until it's visible and you can continue working with the mouse.

Hope that helps. If you are using the latest WAsP in a fairly standard setup and the problems persist, please do send a technical support request and we can investigate whether it's possible to update the software again to make it more robust.

Duncan.

Hello,

While trying different things to fix the issue I´ve discovered a solution that might be useful for future users:

Settings > Display > Multiple displays > uncheck: "Remember wind locations based on monitor conection"

This seems to have worked.

Thank you for your reply!