Gross AEP by Month

carriv9

Dear WAsP forum,

I ran a wind analysis using WAsP and the Gross AEP is in line with what I was expecting. However, I was wondering if there is any way I can see the Gross Production by month and not by year. I would like to compare month by month the production estimate and if it is possible, also by hour of the day. Is there any tool in WaSP or any analysis you guys would recommend?

Thank you.
Hi Carriv9,

WAsP is for the vertical and horizontal extrapolation of wind climate statistics.

Based on an observed wind climate statistics, WAsP calculates a generalized wind climate and, in turn, WAsP calculates a predicted wind climate statistics and AEP (annual energy production).

It is our recommendation that your selection of wind data should cover a sufficient time period. At least one year, but preferably several (whole) years.

Cheers,
Brian thank you for your reply, however this doesn't really answer my question.

Perhaps, let me reword my question so you can better understand what I am trying to do and see if you can help. (I do understand what WAsP is for and what it calculates, and the data I am using is 4 years long, so I don't have any issue with missing whole years.)

However, my question is: Is there any way I can analyze the AEP by month? I want to analyze how the AEP for my wind farm would look like for each month, not just for a year. For instance, let's say my Gross AEP is 560 GWh, I want to see what fraction of that number would be produced in January, February, March etc... I know other software can do such analysis and I am wondering if there is any way to do this with WAsP.

Thank you for your help.
  • 1 month later...
Dear Carriv9,
Other users have asked for this functionality, i.e. being able to distribute the yearly production over the months in a typical year, or even other periods. We are looking into this, and with our new subscription-based licence and fast-track development initiatives we hope to be able to make a simple tool available soon (2018). As a WAsP user, you will get information about this in a newsletter or on www.wasp.dk.
Best regards,
Niels
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...