Error message

stefano

Dear WAsP Team and dear WAsP-Users,
I am writing my Bachelor thesis on a project with WAsP11.1 and WENG3.1 and I have some questions:

1. I have time-series of wind data divided for years, the recording interval is 3h (10800 s) and the averaging time is 10 minutes (600 s), now, when I create the OEWC compare 3 error message:
Could not refresh the extreme wind climate window display because ...
could not refresh the extreme wind climate window display because ...
the system reported that:
'Divisione per zero.'

Could not refresh the extreme wind climate window display because ...
'Divisione per zero'

Could not handle the request because ...
failed to end a job on the progress monitor because ...
could not display a project member in its own window because ...
'Divisione per zero.'.
But, if I set the averaging time equal to the recording interval, the error message doesn’t appear.

2. What does the error message "Unsuccessful Analysis" mean in OEWC-POT? I've tried many combinations of editable parameters, but the error continues to appear.

3. I have the maps of two sites (A, B), each extending for an area of 10x10Km2 and centered with the map. Now, I want to calculate predicted wind climate (mean and extreme) at site (B) which is situated about 15 kilometers from met. station site (A). so, how do I create generalised wind climate for met. station site, "move" in B and generate predicted wind climate?
Thanks for your help!
Hi Stefano, re. the error message when AveragingTime<>RecordingInterval : I will report the error to the proper programmer. But you should not bother, just use, as you have already tried - AveragingTime=RecordingInterval: it has - for the moment - not effect on average and extreme wind climates.

"Unsuccessful Analysis" when calculating an OEWC-POT means that your observed extreme winds (ranked) are not distributed like expected. Could happen if you use too short time series. You may still be able to use it, however, but with increased uncertainty.

Using two maps:
When calculating the average wind climate at site B from the measured data at site A: Associate the map around site A directly with the met-station (at site A) or with the generalized wind climate object - and the map around site B with the project object.

When calculating the extreme wind climate at site B from the measured data at site A (using WAsP Engineering): If you are not able to combine Maps A and B you will have to perform the calculation I two steps: Step 1: Calculate the generalized extreme wind climate from the observed extreme wind climate at A - using map A; and save the generalized extreme wind climate. Step 2: In a new WAsP Engineering project, with Map B, include the aforementioned generalized extreme wind climate, and then calculate the extreme wind climate at site B.
Ole.