Adjust wasp parameter to match measured wind characteristics

Kwangjun Choi

hello,

recently, I am working with Greek project. i have measured wind data from 2 height at 4 point and wind shear is very low at all measured position.
i checked wasp wind profile at measured position after setting up all modeling needed and i found wind shear is completely defferent comparing to measured data.

i tried to adjust prediected wind characteristics with modification of wasp parameter related to heat flux but i can't find acceptable parameter fit on all measured point.

my question is
1. if predicted wind profile is different comparing to measured data, how can i adjust it?
2. if it is possible to adjust predicted wind profile with changing wasp parameters, what is the recommended process?
3. if there are measured data from more than 2 point, how to deal with it? in case of one set of parameter fit on one position but not for the other position?

your comment will be appreciated.

from kjchoi
It appears that you have rather unstable conditions, and perhaps this is partly due to flow from offshore (which tends to be more unstable, on average).
The offset heat flux is the main parameter you would adjust, but it also depends on how far from the coast that your sites lay.
There is not an official process for this, as it is non-standard. One recommendation that we _do_ give is to double-check (or triple...) that _all_ of your roughness and terrain data are well-represented, and that you are using good wind data with high recovery rate.
One thing you did not mention, is how much are you needing to extrapolate. Also, what 2 heights are measuring at, and what is the magnitude of terrain variations, distance of coast (and terrain features) from sites, etc.
There are a number of things you can do with multi-point measured data, but not automatically within WAsP.