WInd Farm Model / Registry (2005-09-13)

Old Forum Archivist

Dear WAsP team

I got the information that by changing the WAsP registry (at Risoe/WAsP/Version8/Application Administration/Dump in the regedit) one could gain access to the possibility of "extrating" Wind Farm models. I couldn't do it. Is this true ? If so, can you explain me how ? Thanks in advance...
--------

The wind farm wake model can produce a dump file (as it could in version 7). The GUI does not offer support for this yet, but a registry key is used:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Risoe National Laboratory\Wasp\Version 8\Application administration\Dump

If this is an empty string (default) then no dump file is written. If it says "temp" then a file called "WfDump.txt" is generated in the current users' temp folder. It it says "app" then a file called "WfDump.txt" is generated in the application binary path. If a fully-qualified path name is provided (eg. c:\foobar\windymiller.txt), then that file will be used.

If you are not familiar with editing the Windows registry, it is strongly recommended that you have someone help you, who are!

The WAsP Team @ Risø

--------