Problem with WAT 3.0 file export

Hi,

I have found a bug in the file export of the WAT 3.0 program. If we use for example a configuration of 8 same wind turbines and try to export the "Tables of effective turbulence of all sites" the export file will include only a few of all 8 WT and the rest will be a wild mix: 1, 2, 1 ,5, 1, 3, 5 ,8 WTs....
If you have any idea, why is this so please send the solution or an proper answer.

Thank you in advance and Regards
Petar
Hi Petar,

The sites are sorted multiple times - by name, wind directions, distance from reference site, et cetera. Unfortunately, these repeated sortings confused the report you mention. The solution was to introduce a separate site list for this specific report. It is working in my current developer version, so the problem should disapear in the comming version WAT 3.1. The release will be announced on wasp.dk.

A temporary work-around solution is to export these tables for individual sites.

Cheers,
Morten
  • 5 months later...
Hi Morten,

can you update the WAT community about the release date of WAT 3.1? Or can you release a hotfix for WAT 3.0? This missing export fuction is extremly important for sites with 10 or more turbines.

Thanks for your answer and Support in advance

Jan
Hi Jan,

There is no official release date for WAT 3.1, but I work on this as often as teaching and work on commercial projects allows me. I don’t like issuing too many beta versions either, because in my experience this is often confusing and complicates technical support. At the present stage I would also have to hide some half-finished or undocumented new features before compiling a new beta release. So for the moment you will have to live with the work-around method for the problem you mention, which is to export results for each site one by one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Morten