Buoys offshore measurements (2004-11-16)

Old Forum Archivist

Hello:

I am working with WASP version 7.3.

Has this version the CDM, Coastal Discontinuity Model?

What versions of WASP have the CDM?

On the other hand, Do you know some document where there are studies of a possible validation of buoy measurments against fixed meteorological mast measurements in the same location in the sea or in the coast line?

Do you know approximately the measurementĀ“s uncertainty of a buoy approx 2, 5 m. a.s.l. and its extrapolation to 70m, I suppose that it's very high but I donĀ“t know the aprox. value. I know that this study is quite complicated, but does it exist somewhere?

I know documents with meteorological validation between several fix offshore met. stations and fix coastline met. stations. (Evaluation of the wind resource estimation program WASP offshore applications), but not with buoys.

Finally , what is the best method of measurement with an acceptable relation quality/price for offshore measurements ? Thank you very much in advance by your help and collaboration. Best regards
--------

I got to know Lidar or Sodar could be your choices for offshore measuring. It's said Lidar measuring using doppler effect don't need calibration at all. And it could be mounted on buoy with PV-Wind power supply.

--------