WAsP Engineering 3

WAsP Engineering 3 is finally on the way. We are in the beta-testing phase now. New features include:

* Create projects direct from grid maps
* A new type of sectorless extreme wind climate
* Obstacle effect cleaning for met. stations
* Display output in Google Earth (like WAsP 10)
* A new, dongle-less licencing system
* Better integration of calculations for the WAT

Is anyone interested in helping out with the beta testing? It would be great to get some feedback from about five or six serious WEng users. If you're interested, and would have time to do this in the next month, then please email me: duncan.heathfield@wasptechnical.dk.
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, we don't have a fixed date, but we are already running much later than we hoped. If we can't make the final release before the summer vacation, we'll all be extremely disappointed. Sorry to be so vague, but it does depend on beta testing work, as you say.

If anyone wants to just have a look at the new version without getting too deeply involved, we can make a standalone exe which doesn't require installation and leaves your existing WEng 2 perfectly intact. Any takers?
  • 3 weeks later...
Duncan,

I would definately be interested in having a look at the new version. Unfortunately I can't spare the time for an in-depth look, so a stand-alone exe would be very interesting!

Let me know.

- Hans Peter
  • 2 weeks later...