Module-level constants not handled properly by WEng?

It seems WEng does not handle module-level constants properly. It looks like WEng remembers user-defined constant names even after the script has terminated, and wants to keep them as constants until the user exits WEng.

For example, if I declare "Const MyConstant = 123" at module level (i.e. before Main()), the script runs fine the first time around. However, when the script is run a second time, WEng complains that “Name redefined: 'MyConstant'” and stops. Using "Private Const" changes nothing.

Is this a known issue?

Here's an example script that triggers this error, and the exception report generated upon the second run attempt.

Utility
epmtAny

Option Explicit

Const MyConstant = 123

Sub Main()

MsgBox "MyConstant = " & MyConstant

End Sub

]]>

2004-06-17T11:00:40

Exception report produced at 2011-01-18 11:03:33

Name redefined: 'MyConstant' raised at: 2011-01-18 11:03:25
2011-01-18 11:03:25: Message added: Failed to execute the script Testing12.wes2 Modified: 18/01/2011 11:02:37
2011-01-18 11:03:25: Exception raised in: WAsP Engineering:cScripter:Execute
2011-01-18 11:03:25: Message added: Could not invoke the script
2011-01-18 11:03:25: Exception raised in: WAsP Engineering:cMainform:InvokeScript
Latest thread started in: WAsP Engineering:cProgressMonitor:Class_Terminate
It's not a known issue, since we've never used Consts in these scripts, but in the context of a loaded workspace, this would constitute a re-definition of the constant, I suppose. Re-loading the workspace should clear the scripting context.

What about just using a normal variable instead of a constant?
I guess I will have to use a normal variable. This unfortunately defeats the purpose of module-level constants, visible by all procedures in the module.

No big deal. I just thought I would make you aware of this quirk rather than keep it to myself. Let me know if my posting volume gets too high!