Wasp Engineering "Could not invoke script" error and Access Violation

adam

Hi Wasp Eng!

I'm trying to run the script to use the Wind Farm Assessment Tool.

However, I'm running into the following problems:

1. If I try and use the Launcher script (i.e., go direct to WAT) I get a script error saying "Could not invoke the script". The details are: Could not find a licensed version of Wasp 10 - "Could not invoke the ActiveX object". I'm licensed for Wasp 9.

2. If I try and use the Excel script option, Wasp Engineering successfully creates the Excel output (I suppose using Wasp 9). However, I try and load this into WAT and WAT produces an Access Violation error. The details are:
Access violation at address 0048669C in module WAT.exe. Read of address 00000000.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm using WASP 9 v 9.01.0036 which is the latest available from your download page.

Thanks,
Adam.
Hi Adam,

I'm sorry that you're having this hassle.

Getting WAsP and WEng to work together and invoke WAT has been quite a headache and it's not always working perfectly. We're going to make some improvements in this regard for WEng 3.

If the Excel script is completing sucessfully, then most of the usual causes are ruled out.

Perhaps the quickest way to isolate the problem is for you to send the Excel spreadsheet to us, and we'll try to open it in WAT and see what's going wrong.

In this case, the email to use is wengsupport@risoe.dk