WAsP 10

Rae

Dear Sir.

I have talked about upgrading WAsP 10 from WAsP 8 with my colleages.
(I have heard that It could allow to get Vector map from goggle earth, it could be synchronized with Goggle earth viceversa also.)

This time I would like to know some information about WAsP 10.

If I upgrade to WAsP 10 from WAsP 8 . Could I surely get vector map from goggle earth? even in such a remote corner of the korean topography such as small islands?

If so, It looks good, and I can perform it easily.
Thank you and have a nice day ^^

Best Regards,

K.R.Cho
Hello,

Sorry to disappoint you but no, WAsP 10 does not let you get any data *from* Google Earth. GE is used only as an alternative way of displaying spatial data from your projects.

Google Earth has an internal elevation map (I think these are grid data from the Shuttle, but I'm not sure). WAsP can't read those data, and even if it could, the format would be wrong.
  • 4 months later...
Hello,

I share your frustration! We can see that the data we need are there, being used to render the terrain on our screen. But as far as we can see from the Google Earth API, these numbers are not available to our code. So we can't extract them for you, even if the licencing situation would permit that.

The GE data are derived from the SRTM mission, I think, so it's the same public domain data you can get elsewhere.
  • 1 year later...