Cycling through performance curves in Wasp

Hi

I'm looking to get AEP results from a wind farm. However, I need the AEP results for several different performance tables of the wtg file. Example:

I have:

- wtg file with 6 performance tables.
- 10 turbines

I'd then like to have the output somthing like:

T1 7.9 8.9 9.2 9.9 10.3 11.0
T2 6.7 9.9 ....
T10 7.2 8.8 ...

Is that possible? I'm having trouble keeping track of the different tables... Any help you can give me would be great, thanks :-)

Hans Peter
This is a quick reply, rather than a slow, well-researched one, so let me know if it's not useful.

The SelectedPerformanceTable property is readonly, and returns a reference to the table object (IRveaWtgPerformanceTable). But the SelectedPerformanceTable index property is read/write, and you can use this to change the currently selected table for calculations.

So you need a loop to increment the index from 1 to 6 and perform and record the calculations for the wind farm within that loop.

HTH, Duncan.
Thanks Duncan,

Figured out how to get and set the performance table. However... Is there a way to create a kinda local copy of the wtg, that is, so each site has a seperate wtg? I'd like to be able to change the performance table for a single turbine at a time. Of course, I would need to check whether the site is already associated with a wtg.

Also I'm having trouble with the continuous wake calculations. I'm doing this:

Set WindFarm = ReportingAssistant.CastableSelectedMember.AsIWindFarm
Set Site = ReportingAssistant.TypeCaster.CastMemberToTurbineSite(WindFarm.AllContributingSites.FirstMember)

And then running through this (while loop):

Site.AsICalculatingHierarchyMember.CalculationByType(ectProductionRose).calculate
Set Site = ReportingAssistant.TypeCaster.CastMemberToTurbineSite(AllSites.NextMember)

followed by:

WindFarm.AsICalculatingHierarchyMember.CalculationByType(ectWakeLosses).calculate

just once.

It works a few times but then it pops up with an error that there was problems performing wake loss calculations.

So to re-cap, I'd like to do the following:

- Use performance table 1 for all sites
- Use performance table 2 for site 1 and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites
- Use performance table 3 for site 1 and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites
- Use performance table 2 for site 2 and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites
- Use performance table 3 for site 2 and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites
- Use performance table 2 for site X and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites
- Use performance table 3 for site X and performance table 1 for the rest of the sites

Of course getting the AEP for the site which performance table I'm changing.

I'm kinda stuck now... Hope it makes sense.

Hans Peter
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi HPJ, Sorry not to have replied before.

If I understand right what you want to achieve, then the most elegant solution is probably to use site groups under the wind farm. Each site group can have a different WTG (in this case WTG/Performance Table selection). Then you can move the turbine sites in and out of the different groups between calculations.

Does that help? Or does it just leave you wondering how to move the sites around in a script?

Duncan.
Thanks Duncan.

I definately see your point. Then it's just a matter of controlling the site groups and sites (which I found a bit difficult). I'll have a look at some of the scripts in there and see if I can't figure it out. If not, I'll let you know ;-)

Hans Peter