Error due to differences in densities of WT curves and Reference sites

seenu

The wind turbine data sheets do not have the density used for the power curves. So I presumed it to be 1.225 kg/m3 as most turbines data sheets are estimated using that density.

However, the density of my site is 1.17 kg/m3.

WAsP says that it cannot calculate AEP due to the density differences when I use two different densities.

(1) Changing the WTG density to 1.17 kg/m3 is an option to estimate AEP. But that power curves were not estimated at that density. This would also lead to overestimation of AEP.

(2) Using 1.225kg/m3 for reference site is another method, which would again overestimate AEP at the reference sit.

Is there any methods to solve this problem?

Thank you
One option is to use WAsP 12 where you can select two different density correction policies in the WTG hierarchy member - that will automatically be adopted across all turbine sites. The default policy is to use interpolation as described in IEC standard 61400-12-1. The other option is to use Svenningsen extrapolation method (adjusted IEC extrapolation method, improved to match turbine control) described in the abstract/poster “Proposal of an Improved Power Curve Correction”, presented by Lasse Svenningsen (EMD International A/S) at the European Wind Energy Conference & Exhibition 2010 in Warsaw.

WAsP 11 users do not have this option, but it is recommended to obtain a site-specific power curve from the manufacturer or investigate the two above references