Drawing a boundary for resource grid

madajavi

Good morning,

I was just wondering if it is possible to draw a boundary for the wind resource grid that is not exclusively a rectangle. As far as I have seen, for instance, with the masks i can only select elevation or roughness, and the other options are not very clear. i would like for instance draw an hexagon at any area of the amp which would be my final boundary.

Thanks for your help
Hello rainbow...thanks a lot. Anyway, my question is: when I go to map editor, can i draw any line as a boundary which is not a roughness change line or elevation line, that is, a plain line with no meaning that wasp will understand??Thanks alot!
madajavi,

I will just add that you can also create any arbitrary shape using a GIS software and import it into the map editor (e.g. if you want a perfect circle, it would be rather difficult to digitize one by free hand directly in the map editor). You can download SAGA GIS or QGIS for that purpose - both are open-source and free. Simply export the created boundary line as a shape file (*.shp) or a *.dxf file and then import it into the map editor.