Beginner need help

yurec1985

Our company wants to set a windfarm in some area. We have short-time measurements from 2 anemometers in this area and long-time measurements from meteostation nearby. We want to know where is the best place in this area to set the windfarm.

1. What to use - WAsP or WindPRO (what is the main difference)
2. Wich measurements (long- or short-time) should i put into Observed wind climate in Wind Atlas? Do i need reference site and put some data in?
3. What to use - turbine site group or wind farm?

I'm sorry, maybe my question is stupid, but i don't fully understand the difference between elements of WAsP. I read the manual several times but unsuccessfully (english is not my native language).

Maybe someone can explain me (like for "dummy")))

Thank you.
In my opinion, your questions merit more of an answer than can fit in a forum post. Sounds to me like you would benefit from a WAsP course. I should know: I attended one on my very first two days at Risø back in 2002, which was extremely useful -- and ended up teaching one during my last month working at Risø in December 2007.

Have a look at: http://risoe.dtu.dk/en/WAsP/Courses.aspx

GL Garrad Hassan (disclaimer: I now work at GH) also offers training that would be quite relevant to your situation. Have a look here.