Project Air Density in Wasp 10

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have the time to figure this out right now, but I really need a small script that sets the project air density to whatever the most top-level wtg selected table is using. It's a pain having to change the project air density to match the power curve as it is always the power curve that is correct.

Is the project density used for anything?
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello HPJ.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your post.

There were complicated reasons which made it easier for us to have the air density as a project level setting, rather than using the WTG table selection. I can't quite remember what they were, though. Sorry if that's inconvenient, but it made it possible to introduce the change sooner.

I can give you some pointers about how that script would work.

If you have a reference to the project (IWaspProject), then you can use the property AsIRveaConfigurable, which will typecast the reference to an IRveaConfigurable interface. From this, you can retrieve the Configuration (interface: IRveaConfiguration). That'll let you get the parameter.

Set Parameter = Project.AsIRveaConfigurable.Configuration.ParameterByID(TheID)

TheID you need for this is "ROHFORPD". Hint: you can see the IDs in the parameter dictionary in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Risoe National Laboratory\Parameters\

When you've got the parameter, you can simply set the value
Parameter.Value = Wtg.SelectedPerformanceTable.AirDensity

Hope that this is helpful.

(I'm trying desperately to make time to finish adding the WAsP scripting interfaces to the RveaScripting documentation CHM. Hope to achieve that this month.)