Unable to import SRTM .hgt file into map editor

Gururaj

Hi, 

I updated the WAsP suite to the latest release as of 2022. I see that i no longer can import the SRTM .hgt file into the map editor. The steps i followed in the previous version is 

File -> Import -> Grid-Maps, but now i see that additonal 3 options have been provided after the Grid-Maps option, i.e,  orographic grid-maps , Roughness grid-maps & LandCover grid-maps. I get an error message independent of the option i choose. Please help me resolve the issue.

I am trying to import the elevation data from the webiste https://dwtkns.com/srtm30m/

Best Regards,

Gururaj

Hi Mark, 

Sorry for the late response. I have pasted the error i get in a dialog box below when i try to import the .hgt file i download from the SRTM website i mentioned above.

WspMapEd12_4Frm.FileOpenGridMapsClick: Access violation at address 0040C08C in module WASPMapEditor12_4.exe. Read of address 60B60B5D.

Thank you,

Hi Mark, 

I use the latest release of WAsP suite released version 2022. I am able to download the GWA MAP Warehouse Elevation, GWA MAP Warehouse Roughness & GWA MAP Warehouse LandCover for a respective site thorugh WAsP Map Editor 12.4. Also, I see that in the landcover.gml file,  displacement data has also been included in it. I am trying to merge landcover.gml layer with elevation.gml file for the wind assessment, but I am finding it hard to save both the layers to  file format which i can later use in the WAsP 12. 

I am able to merge the elevation and roughness layers together but i look for merging elevation layer with landcover layer.

Can you suggest a way to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Gururaj

• 8 months later...
On 11/01/2022 at 5:45 AM, Gururaj said:

Hi Mark, 

Sorry for the late response. I have pasted the error i get in a dialog box below when i try to import the .hgt file i download from the SRTM website i mentioned above.

WspMapEd12_4Frm.FileOpenGridMapsClick: Access violation at address 0040C08C in module WASPMapEditor12_4.exe. Read of address 60B60B5D.

Thank you,

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. I've already removed and reinstalled the WAsP Bundle on my PC but it still doesn't work.

What should I do?

Thank you.