Energy Yield Calculator Issue

We have recently have a number of questions about empty GeoTiff files from the energy yield calculation. In most of those cases it has related to using a polygon for the area being calculated rather than a rectangle. We are discussing ways to fix this internally, but for now if you make your request a rectangle you should be able to get results for your region.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Neil,

I am unable to extract any information from the downloaded .tif file (AEP). I just double click the file to read it . Is there any other option / software to open the file. I select a region in rectanglar form as a bouding box. Even then i see no information in the file.  Please correct my understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2022 at 6:19 PM, Gururaj said:

Hi Neil,

I am unable to extract any information from the downloaded .tif file (AEP). I just double click the file to read it . Is there any other option / software to open the file. I select a region in rectanglar form as a bouding box. Even then i see no information in the file.  Please correct my understanding.

Hi Gururaj,

We have had a lot of success with Q-GIS, which is an open source GIS software.

• 1 year later...
On 03/01/2022 at 10:49 PM, Gururaj said:

Hi Neil,

I am unable to extract any information from the downloaded .tif file (AEP). I just double-click the file to read it . Is there any other option / software to open the file. I select a region in rectanglar form as a bouding box. Even then i see no information in the file.  Please correct my understanding.

i suggest extract as csv file within the pywasp using windtool kit rather than download and extracting. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2023 at 6:06 AM, Kwak said:

Dear Neil,

it seems that the problem is not solved or there maybe an update of this feature.

i tried to test a few countries following the video tutorials "https://globalwindatlas.info/en/about/VideoTutorials".

however, whatever I do, i end up with a message " Currently now available" in Energy Yield tab.

could you please double check and fix if you see the same problem?

Thanks.

Gyeongil

Hello everyone,

I am having the same problem as Kwak, with the Energy Yield calculator showing up as "Currently Not Available" in the Global Wind Atlas website.

Hopefully we will get an update on the issue soon :)