Having a problem about getting a .map file

huytergan

Hi!

I’ve been doing a micro sitting project, already completed climate analysis and also got contour lines of a field from Google Earth. I need exactly to place wind turbins in the field and see array losses. How should I make it happen, I think I need .map extension file to make that happen, am I right? How can I get it? B/c I don’t have any. I thought my contour lines file would be .map extension, but it is not.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Furkan
If you wish to see the effect of the terrain, you need to use MapEditor to make a map. It facilitates download of SRTM elevation data for most of the world, and can also import various data formats from e.g. GlobalMapper. Note you will also need to digitize roughness-change contours, which are not typically given. You can try e.g. the CORINE dataset, or use the Google-Earth image (overlaid) to guide you in digitizing roughness-change contours.

With kind regards,
--Dr. Mark Kelly
Wind Energy Dept., Danish Technical University
for WAsP support
I managed to download the map of a field where I wanna set it, by generating contour, I got contour lines with 10 meters distance in GlobalMapper, saved as .map file. After all of those, I tried to open it in Map Editor, and I got an error which I couldn’t understand, below I show you what it’s given;

“Could not open C:\Users.... .Reasons:
MyMap.OpenMapFromFile:
MyMap.MapReaderBody:Line#0, File Record#1
FileCom.GetData:
FileCom.GetData_Kernel:after reading 0 data items
Invalid floating point operation “

By the way I couldn’t able to upload some images here showing my stages to make it easier to understand, Is it possible to send you via e-mail if you need any more details about how it went wrong.

I appreciate,

Best regards,
Furkan
I’ve just saved it as .map by adding “.map” to its name since I couldn’t find .map type while saving. On the other hand, I also tried to export it but again couldn’t find .map extension. What should I choose over there?