Constant recalculation of cross points

Phil

Hi there,
I am importing data as ESRI shape files into the Map Editor 11 and everything I do to edit this map has to be recalculated. Every line I cut a line, recalculation, every roughness I change, recalculation. Everything mouse click almost. Very tedious and extremely slow work getting anything substantial done. Can I turn this automated recalculation process off and do some editing in peace please?

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks for the quick response Morten. I have turned the constant checking off and I have been able to mostly progress faster. However, now I get the following warning...

MapDisplayXFrm.AnchorRoughnessLines:
MapDisplayXFrm.InteractiveAnchor:
MyMap.AnchorNodestarIfOK:Node#0
AbstractError.

Please advise what this means and what I need to do to correct. I am trying to anchor roughness change lines after splitting and deleting unnecessary components of an added map derived from imported shape files.

Kind regards,

Phil
Hi Phil,

The programmer is not here today, but to save time I suggest that you already now send a mail to our help desk at waspsupport@dtu.dk

Please include the map you are working with in a state where we can see the problem. If you are not able to save the map before the problem occurs, then please send some screen dumps, or maybe a video, so we can reproduce the problem here.

Cheers,
Morten
Hi Seenu,

I am not sure what the 'tiresome refresment' problem is, but I suppose it is a technical matter and I think it will be better to write to waspsupport@dtu.dk than to discuss at the WAsP forum. Please describe the problem in sufficient detail in your mail to the help desk and include a test file or similar information so we can investigate the problem.

Cheers, Morten

PS: We are closed between Christmas and New Year.
  • 2 weeks later...
I am not able to post the URL. I have elaborated my issue under this topic -- ""Map Editor Nodes / Cross Points / Dead Ends""

Issue #1: Sorted, I guess. I removed few polygons from the kml file (especially the borders) so there are not many cross points.

Issue #2: Problem not solved. But since the cross points and nodes are less, the map image refreshing is not a big deal.

Issue #3: Would really appreciate if you could assure that those warnings are handled correctly by me.

Last issue:
Add and replace function did not work when I tried to combine KML file and the SRTM file. So I converted the KML file as a standard map file. Then added that file to the SRTM file. And simply saved it.

Oh I have reduced the SRTM map size. So the process is faster.

New doubts:

I have digitalized the map in GE (drawing polygons - the terrain was disabled) and created a KML file. I have fed roughness info to the downloaded KML file - after converting it to a standard map file.

My issue is, the polygons do not contain orography information (assuming since the terrain is disabled while drawing those polygons).

So my question is, should I enable terrains while drawing those polygons on GE? Or no need?
Hi Phil,

The programmer is not here today, but to save time I suggest that you already now send a mail to our help desk at waspsupport@dtu.dk

Please include the map you are working with in a state where we can see the problem. If you are not able to save the map before the problem occurs, then please send some screen dumps, or maybe a video, so we can reproduce the problem here.

Cheers,
Morten

Good morning Morten, and a happy New Year.

Sorry I did not respond sooner. We have our summer holidays here in NZ over the Christmas and New Year period here and I couldn't wait to leave the office and head out into the summer so left my response till now I am back.

As per your request, I have sent a word document outlining the problem via screen grabs, and I have also attached the map to this email.

I hope to hear from you soon and get back on with my map editing.

All the best for 2018.

Kind regards,

Phil