Negative Wake Effects

Clanker

Hi Clanker,

If you select the single-wake page and display a crosswind profile of the velocity deficit you will usually see some undulations outside the main wake. A slight deficit (actully a speedup) next to the wake might be realistic, but it is hard to believe such effects further away so we think that the undulations are caused by a numerical problem in the progam. This undeciered 'model feature' might explain small errors in sector-wise AEP results. You are welcome to send a test case to WAsP support if you see errors are significant and suspect that something else might be wrong.

Cheers,
Morten
Thank you for the reply Morten. That might be the explanation. I will experiment a little bit more. Also. I'm sometimes getting error messages when I try to open my workspaces in Fuga. Could you enlighten me on what they mean? The errors look like this.

Exception occurred in Fuga-64 'allWakesAndFarmAvail' routine while checking windfarm availability
Tlogger.stop>MemoryUsed>Range check error

or

Exception occurred in Fuga-64 'ComboBox2Change' routine
Tlogger.stop>MemoryUsed>Range check error

Among other routines(showCombinedWakeProfile, etc.)
All seem to be related to different routines, but they end in >MemoryUsed>Range check error.
Does this have to do with my computers RAM?
You could try to reduce the memory usage following the Fuga help file section 'Further information>Fuga speed and memory usage'. The most important tip is that Fuga consider turbines with different hub heights as distinct turbine types, so it is a bad idea to specify individual hub height if these are on the order of a few centimeters.