WAsP 11 without licencing

Hi,

The answer is 'yes'!

You can install the software and run it and open workspaces and look at the numbers and maps and so on. All this works fine without a licence. You can use an unlicenced WAsP as a viewer program. You can even change workspace arrangements and save them out to disc, but you can't recalculate your results.

Hope that helps,

Duncan.
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

When I run WasP 11 next message appears:

Could not process the file menu item because ...
could not open a new workspace because ...
could not create the scripter object because ...
the system reported that:
'A script engine for the specified language can not be created..'

I do not know what is the problem,

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best Regards
Hi, this is not an installation problem with WAsP. The scripting component is part of Windows, and is not working for some reason. Have you searched for information about the message you see?

Can you say which version of Windows are you using, and what kind of virus checker / safety system are you using?
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello,

There are various pages on the web discussing this problem. As I say, it's not a problem with WAsP, it's problem with the operating system which WAsP can't solve.

You could try temporarily switching off your AntiVirus. If that solves the problem, you should explore the settings on your AntiVirus and see if you can get things working while maintaining security. http://www.ehow.com/how_8586163_configure-avast-script-blocking.html

I don't know if this is the problem, but it's all I can suggest for now.

Best wishes, Duncan.