IEC Turbulence Simulator doubts

Hello,

I am a new user of the standalone IEC Turbulence Simulator and I have some questions:

1.if the unique difference between "comspec" and "windsimu" is the way of introducing the data or there are more differences.(I only was able to obtain outputs from "windsimu" but when I run "comspec" it is like it does not recognize what I have write at the input file).

2.how can I obtain the output files from "windsimu" in a format that I can read, just to see what I am obtaining.

3.at the open sea option, is the heigth above the sea surface the reference heigth of the wind velocity that I am giving?

4.does it use a coherence gust?

thank you, best regards.
Hi Aitor,

Comspec and Windsimu are two programs made prior to the Turbulence Simulator. Their use are described in two PDFs normally shiped with the software (not really part of WAsP Engineering). I can mail them you if you write to our user support system. They do not attempt to simulate a coherent gust, but the simulated turbulence has realistic coherence.

Best regards,
Morten Nielsen
Hello Morten,

thank you for your answer, I already have the two PDF.
What is this Turbulence Simulator, that you have mentioned, for?
I need to get wind files to insert in a different program that use these files to introduce a wind spectrum (sesam-sima), with the files that I have obtained from "windsimu", is it enougth or do I need the Turbulence Simulator?

thank you again, regards.