split .map file

Hi All,
i have a .map file and i want to split roughness and orography lengths to use in my other project. because when i open .map file, these lengths appear interpenetrating each other. How can i split these lengths in WAsP, global mapper or in another software? thank you.
Hi Erkan,

The WAsP Map Editor offers several possibilities.

1. You may by press ‘Edit| Clip Map| Map part’, define a rectangular or elliptical boundary, and then decide to keep either the map part inside or outside the boundary.

2. When you combine two maps you can either use the ‘File| Add’ or ‘File| Add and Replace’ methods. If you chose 'Add and Replace' the contours from an already loaded map will be deleted in the area covered by the new map. This is a good way to avoid crossing contours from two maps, e.g. maps with coarse and fine resolution.

3. It is sometimes practical to remove all contours of a certain type. This is done by pressing ‘Edit| Clip Map| Contour/line Attributes’ and then select from the emerging popup menu. This way you could for instance remove all height contours from a map before you replace them with height contours from a better map and avoid losing your roughness contours.

Find more information the the Map Editor helpfile.

Regards,
Morten