embedding a script

Hi, my name is newbie.
I simply need to know, how to embed a script into WAsP 11. I can see several utility scripts in the Tool menue but I would like to change and customize existing scripts. I tried hundreds of things and I don't see the woods for the trees and don't seem to find it in the forum as well.
Can anyone help, please?
Hi newbie,

The scripts folder can be found on the Reports tab of the Wasp options dialog: Tools -> Options -> Reports -> (Root) path for report and utility scripts.

The Wasp 11 standard scripts are stored in a zip archive 'WAsP 11 standard scripts.zip' in the scripts folder. If you open that zip archive you will see the individual scripts in there. Custom (individual) scripts can be placed in the scripts folder as well and Wasp will pick them up and offer them via the reports and utility script menus (they are listed below the standard scripts in the menu).

So if you would like to experiment by changing an existing script you just need to copy the script out of the zip archive into the scripts folder. Restart Wasp and you should now see the script appear in the scripts menu.

It is a good idea to rename the script to differentiate it from the original script. The script name as it appears in the Wasp menu is read from the 'Description' attribute in the script's XML header.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Cheers,
Ray
Thanks a lot, that was of great help, Ray.
That was actually, what I was doing (more or less). I copied and renamed a script and did some marginal changes, just to check if it works - and then the new script seems to be displayed in Utility scripts under the same name as before..??... A second script, so to speak. I now have "Custom wind farm output file" two times, although I changed the filename. That was the reason, why I didn`t find anything before.
I appreciate your help,
cheers,
Lars