Calculations through Excel and .was9 scripting

Hello!

I'm currently researching different methods to develop an iterative optimization script for various variables in WAsP.

The initial plan was to control the WAsP calculation machine through VBA and Excel. I am now able to manipulate the workspace freely.

The problem is that I can't Calculate anything through VBA. It gives the error message "the available license does not allow WAsP calculations". I assume the WAsP program unlocks the WaspMachine when you start it. Is there any way around this?

If not, I have a few questions about .was9 scripting.

Can you update excel cells in a long running loop and observe the changes immediately?

Can I add additional procedures and functions to the script? Can I include classes?
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Yes to automate WAsP through VBA (or any other programmatic client) you need a special type of licence called a developer licence.

I think that you can't create classes in VBS, but you could create your own in another COM-compatible language and then reference them from your VBS script.

VBS does support subs and functions, as far as I know.

I think when VBS automates Excel (for example when writing report results), the Excel application is running in its own process, and cell content updates should appear as soon as the script writes a value.

HTH, Duncan.