Dongle not detected

Hey Guys,

we are trying to install WAsP 10 for a colleague of ours.
Softwareinstall works without a hitch, however activating the license is a bit of an issue since the dongle is not detected.

The dongle shows up in Windows and the Device Manager but the Risoe License Manager does not seem to detect it.

We already tried "fixing" the driver installation via the option given.
The Driver / Software installations have all been freshly downloaded for this.

OS is Win 7 Enterprise - 64 Bit.

Funny thing is that the same setup works well with 2 other colleagues.

Any suggestions?
I'm running Windows 7 here, and I just tested with the dongle installer. When I inserted the dongle, Windows went off and found the latest drivers. Device manager is reporting it as SafeNet Inc. USB Key, with driver version 6.56.0.0. It's working fine, and reporting the DongleID code through the licence manager program. The licence manager reports that the HASP dongle driver version is 4.102.5.22, though.

I tried un-installing the drivers and re-inserting the dongle. The same version driver was again automatically installed with no problems.

Does this match your experience? Are you seeing any differences between the PCs where it's working and where you've got problems?

Duncan.
Hi Duncan,

jup, working locally here.
Is the Windows 7 you are using 32 or 64 bit? (just curious)
The driver versions etc are the same.
I am using the same installer files as I was using before on numerous others where I did not run into any issues.
The only difference between the machines is the Screensize (Lenovo L430 and L530) RAM, CPU etc are the same.

EDIT:
I just "restored" the Windows to a state before all that and installed again using brand new files freshly downloaded.
Now I get a Bluescreen everytime the dongle is connected.
Hi Jan,

I'm using 64-bit windows 7. We usually test on both, but I was reporting above only on a quick test I did on my own machine.

I'm glad you managed to work it out, but sorry that you needed to jump through some hoops. To be honest, I don't understand what happened on that PC and why you needed to do anything special in that case.

The dongle and driver we're targeting is really ancient. We'll be supporting WAsP 10 for another 9 months or so, but after that only WEng 3 and WAsP 11 will be officially supported: both of these use an internet-driven licencing system. We'll really be trying to forget all about the dongles, and we hope that users will upgrade to use the new licencing system.